The previous post looked at the benefits of matcha tea. In addition to being a great alternative to coffee—all the energy but none of the anxiety—its powerful antioxidants lend luminosity to skin, speed up metabolism and help us get better rest (read more here). Today I want to share my “Matcha Latte” recipe.
Give it a try! You’ve got nothing to lose…and with all its advantages, it might end up a permanent part of your daily routine.
- 1 cup nut-milk (coconut, almond, rice, cashew, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp powdered organic matcha
- 1 tsp powdered tocos or collagen
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey (vegan option: maple syrup or two dates)
i. In a small saucepan, heat the nut-milk to medium heat.
ii. Add the vanilla, matcha and collagen; stir thoroughly (eliminate all lumps).
iii. Add honey (and optional cocoa oil); continue to stir.
iv. The mix is ready when you begin to smell the aroma, slightly steaming. Do not boil as this will burn the matcha.
v. Serve and enjoy!